Listen.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

January 09, 2011

My Official List of Podcasts

Do you like: 
news?
conversation?
religion?
economics?
photography?
arts?
entertainment?
comedy?
food?
history?
yoga?
movies? 
politics?
sports?
technology?


If you enjoy any of these topics, or have other hobbies, you would enjoy podcasting
It's so simple and fun. I have learned an incredible amount just by subscribing and listening. I listen to podcasts while cooking food, doing dishes, surfing the net, and even to relax. 


So, what is a podcast?


A podcast is like a blog, except in audio (and often video) form. Successful podcasts are updated frequently, and have a consistent agenda and format. A podcast is like a radio show that you can listen on the computer or your iPod. Podcasts can be found all over the internet, but I think using the iTunes store is the simplest way to find good podcasts. They update automatically when I open my iTunes library, so I can listen to the most recent ones.


And you can use podcasts in many ways. There are podcasts on so many different topics. A photography podcast can help a beginner photographer learn something new about his/her hobby. I love listening to story stories, so I found some podcasts like The Moth and PRI: Selected Shorts that share short stories.


If you are interested in podcasting, but still don't know where to start, here is a list of my favorite podcasts that I have subscribed to and frequently listen to (listed in order from most frequently listened to least):



This is certainly not every single podcast that I listen to, but that's a start to a list of my favs. I hope this helps in your search of and beginning to this semi-new phenomena. I also hope that I have encouraged you to listen to at least one podcast.

Happy podcasting!

No comments:

Anniversary