Listen.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

April 13, 2009

books, books, books.


Enduring love by Ian McEwan, originally uploaded by mvlslibrary.

I am sitting here, on the couch of my tiny apt. in Grand Rapids, drinking my absolutely wonderful green tea frappuchino, writing my ten page Charles Dickens research paper, talking to my husband on facebook, and thinking about the book (among many) I am currently reading: Enduring Love, by Ian McEwan.

If you have watched the recently-produced movies, Enduring Love or Atonement, then you know of Ian McEwan. He is a British writer who wrote the books that those movies were adapted from. Enduring Love is turning out to be a very interesting book. I wish I could read it right now. It is philosophical, suspenseful, and...well, just interesting. I catch myself driving down the road, listening to the audiobook, thinking "Wow. I never thought about it that way!" or "Wow. I didn't know anyone else thought about that other than me!"

I love those kind of books. I will let you know what I think of the book after I finish. I am enthralled and excited. And I know that I will be going on an Ian McEwan marathon this summer :)

I was just listening to my pandora radio when the song came on by Aqualung called Strange and Beautiful. All I could think was how much this song relates to Enduring Love. It is like a theme song for that book. Amazing.

Oh, the joys of being an English Literature major and loving it.

No comments:

Anniversary