Listen.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

November 29, 2009

to know and to forget.

As I get older, as the going gets tougher, as I become less of an imaginative child and more of a realistic adult, I realize I don't want to know anymore. I want to be ignorant. I want to have three imaginary friends named Hannah, Haley, and Heather again. I want to see tall grass as an opportunity, not a chore. I want to play tag by the pool table in the basement and write poems about clouds in the wood fort and go to Dari Licious after church and not know what the ice cream costs. I want friends who love me just because I am me, ones that see past my flaws.

I don't want to vote for the next President. I don't want to get a degree. I don't want to become a 'member' of a 'church' that's 'right for me'. I don't want to count the miles on my car for the next oil change. I don't want to go to meijer for laundry detergent. I don't want to wake up to a department store. I want to wake up to a book, and one that I choose to read because I want to read it.

I want to go back to the 90's. I want to be a kid again. But how do I forget?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to go to Dari Licious. :) I felt as if I were peering at scenes throughout your life while reading your lovely words. It would be nice if life where carefree but then again we would miss out on a Lot of wonderful things that do take work, experience, devotion, time. . .

Nicky said...

THe beauty of having children is you get to live in that world. For as long as you want...

Anniversary