- Not every answer has to be God, Jesus, or the Bible.
- Students can come into contact with people of the opposite gender; we have the God-given ability to choose not to sin, rather than being forced not to sin.
- I am taking a Shakespeare class. And we haven't once opened up the Bible. God can be glorified through study without relating everything directly to Him.
- I can blast Coldplay on campus.
- Heck, I think Coldplay's music has played over the speakers before Chapel. Wouldn't surprise me.
- We have Scott Carroll.
- Professor Stevens says "Smokin' cats!" instead of cussing and talks about his trailer park days in class.
- Professors and students are okay with religious diversity and tension.
- We have intellectual discussion, sometimes without a definitive conclusion. And it's okay. I am not paying $9,000 a semester to hear a sermon.
- My professors teach me how to think, not what to think.
January 15, 2009
I am thankful for Cornerstone University because: