Listen.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

February 09, 2010






"A person who doubts himself is like a man who would enlist in the ranks of his enemies and bear arms against himself. He makes his failure certain by himself being the first person to be convinced of it." -Alexander Dumas


This one hits close to home. I don't know why I do, but somehow my constant mode of existence is to doubt myself. I have become better about my confidence over the years, but the "comfort zone" reality seems to linger when I am going through a difficult time or go through an awkward situation. I ask myself: Who am I?, and "Am I worth it?" or "Am I not completely ridiculous?" 


I am constantly looking at myself through other peoples' eyes-trying to figure out my identity and world through how others see me. How is this a way to live? As Dumas says, one bears arms against himself. It's time to turn this around.

No comments:

Anniversary