Listen.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

December 02, 2009

twilight and new moon and bad moods bears.


Get Off My Lawn, originally uploaded by sugar_and_pcp.

I just started reading the very long Anna Karenina, by Leo Tolstoy, and I'm loving it so far. I'm trying to get through New Moon, by Stephanie Meyer, and it's a drag. She doesn't make me love the characters or grasp any sense of plot any more than in Twilight. Every sentence more that I read of her books makes me more and more flabbergasted that these books got past any editor. Now she's on the
New York Times Bestseller's list, has 2 movies out, and probably makes millions of dollars. Go figure.

I would rather be poor as heck and write well than be a multi-millionaire with my name printed on the cover of Twilight. It may be mean, but it's oh-so-true.

Go to this site to see what I mean.

Literature and critique is what I am going to school to learn, and I love it more every day.




No comments:

Anniversary