Listen.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

August 30, 2009


Maybe that is why I like staying up past midnight and waking up after dawn. I get to greet the new day. Every new day has potentiality. As I have heard it said recently, time is a type of wealth. You can do with it what you wish. Days off work are the greatest. I could do anything. I sit on my couch with a computer and a quiet night and know that tomorrow has nearly endless possibility. I could sit in one spot all day and read a book. I could take a 5 mile walk. Sleep in until 3. Get ice cream. Do laundry (ugh...why did I think of that one?!).

I think about all the new days I get to have; twenty-one years of them so far. I think about how much a day is worth. Though I treat them like pennies to be tossed aside or quickly used up, in reality they are gems to count over and over and contemplate how to spend them. I can't believe how much time has passed since 1988, and how what has happened in that time frame. I can't believe I am in Michigan, attending college, married to the best man in the world. I can't believe I am already half way through college. What am I to do afterward? It would be awesome to travel abroad or build a home, but to what avail?

My teen years were supposed to be about "finding myself", and the 20's are for doing something about it. So what do I do next? Where do I go after college? There seems to be endless possibility, but at the same time no where to turn. So I'm going to keep it simple and take it

one
new
day
at a time.

No comments:

Anniversary