Listen.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

April 27, 2009

the playlist.

As you can recall if you regularly visit my blog, I recently added a nifty gadget (to your immediate right on the page) that allows me to share my most favorite music with you. For a couple weeks I had only added 15 songs. It was getting annoying to listen to the same songs over and over, so for your sanity and mine, I have now added 62 songs for your enjoyment as you read.

These songs are not randomly chosen. Each one marks a different part of my journey on earth. Each one means something to me, and hopefully you will find the same true for you in listening to them. Funny how songs can bring you back, like I can close my eyes, take a deep breath, and smell the surroundings of my past: where I was, what I felt, what I saw, what I was going through at that fleeting moment in time.

I am listening to "Awakening", by Mae right now. I was pretty literally obsessed to listening to Mae in between my sophomore and junior years of high school...when the break-up was happening and my life was a wreck. I remember listening to "Awakening" over and over during that time. My family and I were in Florida, and I sat on the deck overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, writing down the lyrics in my journal, mulling them over in my head and dreaming of times when things were going to be better. When things would be okay again.

That is just one example of what these 62 songs mean to me.

Make the playlist of your life here.

p.s. I'm looking into making the entire playlist show...for some reason it won't...must be something wrong with the html code. You will be able to scroll down and choose the songs you want to listen to. I will fix that whenever I figure it out.

No comments:

Anniversary