Listen.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

November 10, 2008

just enough.



One of God's aged saints fell and broke her hip. As she lay discouraged in a hospital bed, she asked the doctor, "How long will I have to stay here?"

The wise doctor replied, "Just one day at a time!"

God deals with His children on a day-by-day basis:

"As thy days, so shall thy strength be" (Deut. 33:25);
"Give us this day our daily bread" (Matt. 6:11).

Just for today, my Savior,
Tomorrow is not mine;
Just for today, I ask Thee
For light and health divine;
Tomorrow's care I must not bear;
The future is all Thine.

I got this from a cool CD program I have called "Bible Explorer."

It was a great reminder to tackle life one day at a time: whether suffering with grief, trying to tackle endless hours of homework, or you just have too much 'on your plate'.

I once read "Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On," by Stormie Omartian. The book was definitely written for middle-aged women, but I found an endless truth encased in the book:

"God's call on me is to be a light to those who are in darkness, but sometimes, He has to take me through my own darkness so I will learn to depend totally on His light."

Sometimes in life, you don't know where you are going, and you fear because of where you came from. Sometimes, God gives you just enough light for the step you're on.

No comments:

Anniversary